The chairperson of the Timberlane School Board has consistently refused to place agenda items I have requested on the agenda of a regular meeting. The agenda is set by the superintendent and the chairperson. Here is my latest request for urgent agenda items, sent Dec. 13, five full days before the next meeting.
Donna Green <email@example.com>
1:54 PM Dec. 13, 2014
to nancypetunia, Lynne
I am requesting the following topics be added to our agenda for the Dec. 18th meeting.
1) Budget adjustment for accounting and actuarial costs for the district to start reporting, as recommended to remove deficiencies identified in the 2013 district audit, capital asset value, depreciation and liabilities associated with retiree health insurance benefits. ACTION
2) Discussion of the 2015-2016 budget, third draft
3) Vote to close Sandown Central. ACTION
4) Review and action on the Timberlane Rules and Responsibilities document recently updated without school board knowledge or approval as mentioned in the Dec. 11th meeting.
Just so you know, I will be posting this request and your response on my blog for the people of Sandown to keep informed.
Here is her reply: received on Dec. 13, at 2:40 pm
As I’m sure you are aware, the agenda for the December 18 meeting has already been posted.
My reply: Sent Dec. 13 at 2:56 pm
I’m in the process of getting new glasses because “f’s” and “t’s” are looking the same to me. I wish our district’s undemocratic oppression of minority school board members were as easy to fix.
Here is the agenda for the next meeting as posted prior to my requests. It does include budget discussion with an ominous ACTION indication. I missed that item before sending my request.
1. 7:30 PM Call to Order – Chair (15 minutes)
2. Roll Call – Clerk
3. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Approval of Minutes
a. December 4, 2014
5. Delegations or Individuals
6. Current Business
a. 7:45PM All Star Fall Athletes – INFORMATIONAL (15 minutes)
b. 8:00PM Program of Studies – ACTION (15 minutes)
c. 8:15PM Science NECAP* – INFORMATIONAL (15 minutes)
d. 8:30PM Finals (Spring 2014) – INFORMATIONAL(10 minutes)
e. 8:40PM 2015-16 Proposed Budget – INFORMATIONAL/ACTION (30 minutes)
f. 9:10PM Warrant (1st draft) – INFORMATION/ACTION (10 minutes)
g. 9:20PM Policies – ACTION (10 minutes)
7. 9:30 PM Administrator’s Report
a. Update on School Activities – INFORMATIONAL
8. Personnel Report
9. 9:40PM Committee Reports
10. 9:45PM Reports of the School Board
11. Correspondence Folder
12. Vendor and Payroll Registers
13. 9:55PM Other Business
14. Non-public (if needed)
15. Future Dates